COVID-19 Epidemic: Things to Remember
Now it is important to know as much as possible about coronavirus infection.
According to WHO, the incubation period for infection with COVID-19 can be from 5-6 to 14 days. In the case of infection of a person from an infected animal, this period may be longer. .
COVID-19 is more likely to be mild. A severe form is observed mainly in people at risk: the elderly and those who have chronic diseases, weakened immunity. Symptoms with COVID-19 are very similar to those of pneumonia, flu, and severe acute respiratory syndrome. .
The main symptoms of coronavirus:
- General malaise;
- muscle pain;
- Elevated body temperature (over 38 ° C);
- Fever, chills.
- Dry unproductive cough.
- Chest pain;
- shortness of breath;
- Loss of consciousness due to an increase in the process of destruction of the lung tissue.
Prevention: seven major measures.
- Wash your hands with soap as often as possible. Especially after returning from the street.
- Do not touch your eyes, mouth, nose.
- Wear a mask to protect your respiratory system.
- Avoid close contact with people who show signs of a respiratory illness: runny nose, nasal discharge, and cough.
- Ventilate the room as often as possible and carry out wet cleaning. Use disinfectants. Also sanitize work surfaces and gadgets.
- Use public transport as little as possible and not go to public places.
- There was a need for a long trip - be sure to familiarize yourself with the epidemiological situation along the route and at the final point of travel.
There were signs of the disease - you must definitely seek medical help from a medical institution !.